Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Zega's Magical Music

Posted Sep 24, '10 at 12:41pm

Zega

Zega

6,544 posts

Hey there! It's been a while since my last thread. This one is about something I've never done before. I've recently been into composing little tunes in FL Studios and then posting them on YouTube. It's really fun. I would like some feedback on them, too. Here are the ones I've made so far:

Original Composition: Boss Battle

Original Composition: Boss Battle REMIX

Original Composition - ???

Original Composition - Town/House

So yeah, please give me feedback on those videos, and I'll be sure to post here with new songs nearly daily. =)

Posted Sep 24, '10 at 2:38pm

Parsat

Parsat

1,810 posts

Really like the Boss Battle music, although I do prefer the first. It has this grovelly, low quality to it. The Town theme doesn't seem "homely" enough, IMO...I think it reminds me more of a forest. I didn't really like the ??? theme much; it didn't have that decisiveness to the theme to make it suitable for boss music, although I think it was trying to be.

Posted Sep 24, '10 at 2:46pm

deathopper

deathopper

835 posts

I really like the boss battle and boss battle remix the best their really good I mean really good and I kinda agree with parsat the town/ home sounds like a forest filled with ferries kinda song  than a town or house song.

Posted Sep 24, '10 at 2:49pm

jezz

jezz

1,446 posts

Haha Zega, they're brilliant. I really like the remix of the boss battle music, it seems more lively and upbeat. Although as it progresses, I feel myself prefering the original..
??? sounds epic. I don't know why I really like it, I can't even describe what it sounds like, it's just catchy.
Town/House kinda reminds me of runescape music, a bit. It sounds more outdoorsy, like Parsat said.

Posted Sep 24, '10 at 2:49pm

holt24

holt24

1,071 posts

Hey those were really good zega.

Posted Sep 24, '10 at 3:20pm

Zega

Zega

6,544 posts

NEW! Original Composition - Without Sorrow There Is No Happiness

---

Town/House kinda reminds me of runescape music, a bit. It sounds more outdoorsy, like Parsat said.

Now that you mention it, it does remind me a bit of Runescape.

Posted Sep 25, '10 at 12:46pm

ABarOfSoap

ABarOfSoap

216 posts

Nice, Zega. It's so... Magical.

Posted Sep 25, '10 at 2:38pm

ExboMarker

ExboMarker

295 posts

The boss music was great.  Hopefully I will be hearing it in an actual game next time :)  Keep up the great work@

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 5:01am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

6,725 posts

Never knew you were a composer?! Nice! =D

I especially liked the composition called 'Without Sorrow There Is No Happiness'...
It's not like I'm a darkened mental person, but I like the professional sound of it!
It's almost as if you do this for a living when I hear hat! ;)

Good work!

Posted Oct 6, '10 at 2:13pm

Zega

Zega

6,544 posts

Reply to Zega's Magical Music

You must be logged in to post a reply!